Tuesday 18 September 2007

One down, four to go...

Recently I have been mostly making itty bitty things for my sister's wedding, which is rapidly approaching. I say "itty bitty" in the sense that these things are not enormous great bridesmaids' dresses, but I swear it would have been quicker to make a bunch of dresses than these cravats!

They need such a lot of hand-sewing that they take a really long time to put together. I'm really pleased with the way this first one looks though - now I just need to add the knots to the remaining four. (And make five matching pocket hankies. And get them back to my sister.)



I've also been helping out with some jewellery and hair accessories. The little green chiffon flowers were originally brooches. Two of them are now on snappy hair clips (as modelled!), and one is on an elastic bobble.

The diamante bracelet just needed a new clasp, and the little sparkly petal bracelet had to be shortened to make it fit a four-year-old.

Over the next couple of weeks I'll be making the alterations to my bridesmaid's dress (it's this one, but I'll be adding spaghetti straps), and then we'll be good to go!

No comments: