Tuesday 25 September 2007

Soulemama's fabric hoops


fabric hoops
Originally uploaded by SouleMama
The past couple of days, I have mostly been inspired by Soulemama. She took the idea of the framed fabrics from The Purl Bee, who has a fabulous display of Liberty fabrics in wooden embroidery hoops.

I've been working in the shed for a whole year now and the walls are still bare, even though every other available surface is covered with fabric.

I don't know yet whether I'm going to go for embroidery hoops or old photo frames, but whichever I decide, I'm really looking forward to choosing the different fabrics to go inside them, and making a little display on my wall.

Soulemama also introduced me to Superbuzzy, which has the most amazing selection of novelty-print fabrics.

Later this afternoon I'm going to be placing an order with Superbuzzy, and another with Cia's Palette. Cia also has the most fantastic range of fabrics which simply aren't available in the UK. She's also really helpful, and replies to her emails personally. I like that kind of service, especially when I'm buying from such a long way away.

The fabrics will take a couple of weeks to get here, but as soon as they do I'll be making a little flurry of simple tote bags. Watch this space...

No comments: