Friday 13 July 2007

Oh no, not another one!

This is my fifth completed version of Butterick B4790.

The fabric is Katie Jump Rope, bought from Cia's Palette.
I live in the UK, and I've found it surprisingly easy to buy fabric from the US. It costs $11 shipping for 6 yards of fabric in a flat rate envelope, which by a fabulous coincidence is just enough to make one of these dresses with a little bit left over. :)

All Finished!
Here's the finished article...

...and here's the work in progess.

1) Inside pocket 2) Pretty buttons...



1) The recipient of this dress has diabetes, and she wears an insulin pump. For her convenience, I've added a little pocket to the inside of the dress, for the pump to sit in.
(Yes, this photo was taken before I'd ironed the dress!)

2) These pretty floral buttons came from John lewis.
The button on the back of the dress is a four-hole white one, which came from the depths of my inherited button tins.

No comments: