Monday 29 October 2007

Two t-shirts

I've been working non these two t-shirts over the weekend, and finished them today.

They're for Selina, made from fabric which she saw on Ebay, and sent over to me. The first t-shirt is a cotton/lycra jersey, with a silver skulls and roses print. The second is a polyester blend, I think, with a purple print of skulls and daggers.

Both t-shirts were drafted from scratch. I made the patterns based on a combination of tracing an existing t-shirt which fitted well, images of t-shirts which Selina liked, and a detailed description.

Skulls & roses t-shirt Skulls & roses t-shirt

The skulls and roses t-shirt is a basic women's fitted t-shirt shape, with a double-stitched hem and neck band. The sleeves are slightly gathered at the shoulder, and have a band which forms a small cuff.

Skulls & dagger t-shirt Skulls & daggers t-shirt

The skulls and daggers t-shirt has the same slightly puffed sleeves, but without the band. Instead it has a wide band at the bottom of the t-shirt, and the same plain black band at the v-neck.


I've really enjoyed working on these. I haven't sewn a t-shirt since the summer, and I'd forgotten how nice jersey can be to work with. I think I might have a dig around in my t-shirt pile, and see what else I can come up with.

No comments: