Tuesday 16 October 2007

Wanted: One pair of comfy scissors.

Today I have been mostly cutting out.

I have cut out the fronts and backs and handles for ten tote bags, which equals seventy-six pieces of fabric. I didn't cut out the interfacing for the handles, as I'd managed to develop a great big blister on the middle knuckle of the middle finger of my right hand. Ouch.

Before I cut the interfacing I think I will be nipping down to John Lewis, to see whether I can find a pair of scissors with nice comfy handles which don't sit right on my knuckle. Or maybe a rotary cutter. That would be great for this kind of cutting, as I could do several layers of lining fabric in one go.

Once I'd had enough of cutting out, I decided to do a bit of work on the Design By Claire website.

The changes are minor at the moment, and there is a lot more work which needs to be done. The most significant change is that the fabrics now have their own page, so you can see everything that's currently available in one place. The two things which need to be done next are a revamp of the Gallery page, and the addition of a shopping cart functionality which will make it a bit easier for people to actually buy things directly from the website.

Unfortunately, the next chance I have to work on either the website or the tote bags isn't until the weekend, as I have to go out and do my Proper Job for the next three days. Ho Hum.


And just so that I'm not leaving you without a picture - here's a lovely one of my Dad, modelling one of the cravats that I made for my sister's wedding:

No comments: