Friday 4 January 2008

A dress form bargain!

Today I have bought not one, but two dress forms, for the bargain price of £176!

This week I have gone back to work part time at my local fabric store. The staff discount is already good (and therefore dangerous - I still have fabric that I bought the last time I worked there!), but for this week only it was increased as a special offer, so I took the opportunity to grab myself a genuine bargain.

They are both "Diana" dress forms, as shown below, which normally cost around £115-£130 each. They come with hem markers, and have an eight-part adjustable body. I particularly like the way that the waist height is adjustable, as I'm very short-waisted, so that's important if I want to make anything which fits me!

diana dress form


I've bought two sizes, so that I can show a larger range of the clothing that I make.

Size A covers UK dress sizes 10-16, and size B covers sizes 16-22. The majority of the custom work that I've done this year has fallen somewhere within the size B range, so it will be really nice to be able to display dresses properly, without them hanging off my wonky old mannequin.

No comments: