Friday 25 January 2008

McCalls M5444

This is the project that I'm working on at the moment - it's the second dress for Faerierhona.

McCalls 5444


It's a "Renaissance" style empire-line dress, with a faux underskirt and panelled sleeves. It laces at the centre back.

The fabrics are purple and silver satin, and all of the satin parts will be overlaid with silver organza.

The dress itself is a really simple one, but the sleeves are going to be complicated. Each of those puffy sections is comprised of three layers, to make sure that they sit nicely.

Given that the previous dress I made for Faerierhona was also a very simple construction except for the sleeves, I am beginning to sense a theme...

I'm really looking forward to seeing this one finished though. The colour scheme is lovely, and I think it's going to be another stunner.

No comments: