Monday 24 December 2007

Green velvet overdress...

I didn't post about this yesterday because it was too dark to take pictures - and what's the point of posting about a lovely dress without a picture?

Here's where I'm up to with Faerierhona's New Year party dress:

Green Velvet Overdress


The gold underdress is completely finished.
All of the seams are overlocked, and all of the hems are finished with bias binding.

The green velvet overdress is almost finished - it just needs sleeves!
However, the sleeves use up something in the region of six metres of fabric all by themselves, and I've run out!

That's not strictly true - I have enough velvet to make the outer layer of the sleeves, but I didn't have quite enough gold satin left to line them. So, for now, I've done all I can until my local fabric shop re-opens on the 27th. Please excuse the mis-matched green cord - that will be replaced by a creamy gold colour, after I've been to the fabric shop.

The only alteration I've made to the pattern was to raise the waistline by about two inches. This has had the knock-on effect of me only putting in eight eyelets instead of ten, although I can easily add two more in at the top, if Faerierhona would like me to. That's a decision to made when the finished article has been tried on.

And that's me, out of the Shed until after Christmas!

No comments: