Monday 3 December 2007

Joanne's leafy jersey dress

Here you go - the second incarnation of Joanne's jersey dress:

Leafy Jersey Dress - Front leafy Jersey Dress - Back

Joanne's jersey dress - front Joanne's jersey dress - back


I thought you might like to see them both together, so you can see how the same dress can look in different fabrics.

The leaf print is a viscose jersey, bought from John Lewis way back in the summer.

The height of the belt is an optical illusion, by the way. Because the sleeves are shorter on the leafy dress, it looks as though the belt is lower down. I almost had a heart attack when I saw that, but I measured it, and they are the same!

Now to parcel it up and send it off to my sister - and then try to get a picture of her wearing it.



I really enjoyed making these dresses. I might try and draft a version which is a little more full, so you can get it on and off without a zip, even in a non-stretch fabric.

No comments: