Sunday 20 April 2008

Paddington Shopping Bag...

This is what I've been up to today - as well as finishing Rhona's dress, I've made a Paddington shopping bag at the request of Sarahloo.

Paddington shopping bag


It's a big bag, quite a lot bigger than the totes that I've made previously. It's roughly A3 in size, and the handles are short ones. They won't go over your shoulder, but you can carry the bag in your hand without it dragging on the floor.

I've got quite a lot of pillowcases in the Shed - most of them came with the duvet covers I've been buying to make skirts from. I can get two of these bags out of one pillowcase, so I'll be running up a lot more in the not-too-distant future. I particularly like the fact that there won't be any leftover fabric at all, by the time I've finished.

I've signed up for the Rising Sun Art Market in September and November, and I'm on the reserve list for July. I'll be taking these new bags along with me, as well as lots of badges, and anything else I happen to make in the meantime!

No comments: