Monday 21 April 2008

Recycled pinstriped skirt...

I had been planning to make some slippers today, but I realised that I was missing a vital ingredient - the soles! I'll work on those another time.

Instead, I fished out two pairs of my fiancé's trousers, which had been in a box destined for the charity shop. They were made from a really nice heavy brushed cotton, with a faint narrow pinstripe. I decided they'd be much better off being given a new home in my wardrobe, so I turned them into a skirt!

Recycled pinstriped skirt


It turned out to be a sort of fishtail shape - straight to the knees, and then flared out at the hem. This was dictated by the shape of the trouser pieces, once I'd cut them up. The waistline is in my usual choice of bomber jacket elastic, and there's a very narrow lace trim around the bottom.

I'm now quite tempted to raid a couple of charity shops, and see what they've got in the way of interesting trousers. Two different pairs, in alternating panels, might make a really pretty skirt.

No comments: