Tuesday 13 November 2007

A bag, a skirt and two costumes.

After yesterday's frenzied bout of organisation, I thought I'd better get on and actually do some sewing!

As a result I have photographs of two completed items for you:

Joolz' velvet skirt

This is a skirt which Rainbowskye needed, to replace one which I made for her under the guise of GothStuff. (Rainbowskye is not eight feet tall, by the way. It's just that my mannequin isn't very adjustable.)

It's a simple elasticated skirt in crushed velvet, with a lacy trim around the hem. It's a lot more full than my usual elasticated skirts, having four panels instead of two.


Laura's tote bag

This one is another tote bag for Professor Yaffle - her third!

I'm so pleased that people are liking these little bags enough to want to buy more than one. There are so many cool fabrics out there, I almost feel as though I'd never have to repeat myself.


In other exciting news, I've been commissioned to make two costumes - McCalls M5444 and McCalls M4997. I don't usually sew costumes these days, so this is going to be a bit of a departure from my novelty prints!

The first dress is going to be made in a very dark purple satin, with silver satin underskirt and sleeve details. The second will be in forest green crushed velvet, with an antique gold under-dress. Faerierhona has been scouring Ebay for bargains, so she's even going to provide all of the fabric for me, and bring it over when it arrives. Expect lots of photographs, as the dresses progress...

2 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

The skirt is beautiful! And what fun you're going to have with those costumes. The fabrics sound yummy.

Claire Smith said...

Thank you!

I don't make costumes very often these days, so it should be good fun. :)