Monday 12 November 2007

T-shirts and Tidying.

Today I have been mostly listing an assortment of Organic, Fair Trade and Sweatshop Free t-shirts in my Ebay Shop. They're all on auction for a week, ending on the 19th.

There are a variety of styles, colours and sizes for men, women and kids. I hope you like them!


As well as trying to make a bit of space by listing t-shirts, I have also been trying to make a bit of space by throwing things out. I am amazed at how much junk I've managed to accumulate in the Shed in just over a year!

I needed to give the place a really good clean. Aside from the regular dust-bunnies you inevitably grow when you're working with fabric and thread, the place was full of feathers from my Hallowe'en costume, and I was getting to the stage where I had to move eighty-seven things to probably not find the one thing that I was looking for. Those of you who've seen my house will know that tidiness does not come naturally to me (I can hear my Mum laughing from here!), but the Shed is now a shining example of organisation, and I promise to try very hard to keep it that way.

The last thing I want to do is to sort out my buttons - something of a mammoth task! I've inherited half a dozen sewing and button tins from friends and family this year, and I've consolidated all of the contents - needles in one tobacco tin, pins in another, one box for trimmings, one for thread. The buttons are currently in a huge Tupperware container designed to hold a cake, and it's full to the brim! A few weeks ago I bought a "Really Useful" set of sixteen tiny boxes in a handy case, so I'm going to divide the buttons by colour and keep them in these little clear boxes, so I can see them all. I have a big tin left over, for all the black ones.

I'm really pleased with how the Shed looks now, so hopefully I'll be able to work more efficiently in my newly-organised room!

No comments: