Thursday 22 November 2007

More Stuff for my Sister...

Here you go, I thought you might like to see a picture of the finished satin skirt:

Joanne's skirt


I'm hoping to be able to get a picture of my sister wearing the whole outfit, although as she is very camera-shy, I'm not sure that I'll succeed!

Also on the list for far too long has been a jersey dress. This one is effectively a wearable mock-up, so that Joanne can try it on, and see whether there's anything she'd like to change before I make the real thing.

Joanne's jersey dress - front Joanne's jersey dress - back


It's a tunic-style dress, which simply pulls on over the head. It has a deep neckline, and gathered raglan sleeves. The belt is fixed at the front and loose at the back, so it can be used to pull the dress in under the bust for a flattering shape. It's knee-length.

The mock-up is made in a heavy poly/cotton jersey with lots of lycra, but the final version's going to be in this gorgeous viscose jersey:

leaf print viscose jersey

2 comments:

Livvy and Me said...

Loving that dress! I have something a little similar that I wear to death, over jeans, with heels, with pearls, to dinner, to a picnic. I'm sure your sister will love it. Jennifer

Claire Smith said...

Thank you Jennifer! My sister loved it, my Mum loved it, and I want to make one for myself as well. A dress for all the family!