Sunday 18 November 2007

Work In Progress - Satin Ribbonned Skirt

This is what I've been working on today - a satin skirt for my sister.

It's a mid-calf a-line skirt. Finished it will be 27" long, plus a little ruffle of ivory net around the bottom. As you can see from the photo, it has two bands of ivory satin ribbon around the hem. I believe the technical term for this type of embellishment is "a bugger". ;)

Satin skirt


My sister requested this skirt particularly to wear with her wedding shoes, and the bustier she wore the following day:

Waterliliy bustier Lottie shoes


Isn't that going to be the most fabulously glamorous outfit?

2 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

Oh dear! This is definitely going to be ultra glamorous! What a fantastic idea.

Claire Smith said...

My sister certainly has excellent taste! I can't wait to see the whole outfit together. :)