Tuesday 24 June 2008

Cutting and Sticking.

Today I have been mostly Cutting Things Out.

Vogue 8470

These are the pattern pieces for Laura's dress, otherwise known as Vogue 8470.

As you can see, the skirt's a full circle. The slight difficulty with this is that the pattern pieces are too wide for my cutting table! It is only a slight difficulty though, as I've wrestled with this problem before - mostly in the form of Butterick 4790.

The pattern has markings for two lengths - one to the knee, and the other to mid-calf. I'm making the toile in the longer style, as Laura is pretty tall. That way I can mark in the best hemline when she tries it on, rather than trying to imagine extra length from a toile that's too short.

I'd already bought a copy of this pattern for myself, and I think the shorter version will be an ideal candidate for the Liberty knitting fabric.

I am wondering though, whether the longer version might be a candidate for my wedding dress. Midriff panel in gold and cream brocade, the rest in floaty gold shimmer viscose, just short enough to show off the shoes... and enough brocade left over to make a little bolero jacket. Hmm.

No comments: