Monday 2 June 2008

The green cardigan's almost finished!

I've been trying to knit a cardigan with this green Rowanspun Chunky for ages. It started out last year as the Nicky Epstein Cardigan with Cabled Points, but the pattern made me so cross that I unravelled the whole thing in a fit of pique. I'd made it all the way through the back, both sleeves and half of the left front, so it wasn't a decision to be taken lightly. That was a heck of a lot of knitting to undo!

In the middle of March I decided to embrace the ways of Ann Budd, and write my own pattern.

I feel as though I've been working on this forever, probably because I've been knitting with this yarn since September, but it's actually taken about ten weeks from writing the pattern to finishing the cardigan. I've also had a good few weeks where I didn't knit at all because of my wonky wrist.

As this is the first pattern I've written myself (except for the pink scarf, which wasn't quite as complicated!), I really wasn't certain how it would come out. Thankfully, I'm really pleased with it!

Green Cardigan


Here you can see me wondering whether the edges will actually meet, so I can put the zip in.
(The answer's yes, it's very stretchy!)

The only thing I would change is the fit of the armscye. Ann Budd's measurements are quite generous in this area and I prefer a more fitted style, so I'll be making the sleeve head a bit smaller in my next pattern. Otherwise, the waist shaping is in the right place, the measurements are spot on, and I'm really pleased!



In other news, the Ebay saga continues.

The buyer who was bidding on my boots but had the "non paying bidder" feedback has now been formally removed from Ebay, and her bids have been cancelled. Hoorah!

This is, of course, great! Justice has been served, and all that. However, it does mean that I've just lost twenty quid's worth of bids on my boots. , maybe you'll grab a bargain! ;)

No comments: