Monday 30 June 2008

I love it when a plan comes together.

Today, Madame Queeny posted this picture:

Lisa's skull dress

In it, she is wearing a dress that I made - one of my several incarnations of Butterick B4790. She wore it to a vintage vehicle rally, and the design is so distinctive that apparently somebody ran across the field to her, yelling out the pattern number!

Amongst other things, Madame Queeny makes hats.
Amongst other things, I work in a fabric shop.

My town is fairly local to Ascot racecourse, so in the weeks running up to Royal Ascot, particularly Ladies' Day, the shop was rather busy.

One lady came in and bought a lovely vintage Vogue dress pattern, and lots of silk dupion. As I was sorting everything out for her, she just happened to comment that all she needed to go with the dress was a little vintage-style hat. I recommended Madame Queeny, and lo and behold, she was commissioned to make a little hat for Royal Ascot!

It makes me really excited whenever friends and fellow craftspeople can help each other out like this. :)

No comments: