Friday 15 February 2008

Happy Day After Valentine's Day!

After an unprecedented amount of secrecy from my former boyfriend...

...he is now no longer my boyfriend, but my fiancé!

I have a pretty, sparkly ring, and at some point in the future I will need to think about making myself a wedding dress.

Oh my goodness though... so many styles... so much beautiful fabric... (so many shoes...) and only one wedding!* How am I ever going to choose?

Still, we're not planning on doing the wedding part any time soon, so at least I can take as long as I want to think about it.

My current thoughts are straying towards this Vintage Vogue 1957 dress, or maybe this Butterick one, in the beautiful silk we had delivered to work yesterday. It's lime green, shot with pink.

I can't imagine anyone else (i.e. Paul) being too thrilled by a lime green and magenta wedding though, so perhaps I'd better think again!





*Okay, this will be my second wedding. But beautiful as my first dress was, I think it might be considered slightly inappropriate to wear it again! ;)

No comments: