Tuesday 26 February 2008

Looking for cake buttons...

Dear Internet,

Your mission, should you choose to accept it...

...is to find me a set of ceramic buttons, in the shape of little cakes.

Pink, for preference.



I'm very bored of knitting my Cathay Shrug, so I've decided to unravel it, and to knit something else instead. There's a lovely pattern in the Winter 2007/08 issue of Vogue Knitting.

As I'm going to be knitting it in a pale pink colour, clearly it needs a set of amazing buttons. I plan to wear the cardigan with a brown dress which has cakes on it (once I've made the dress), so obviously the buttons need to be cake-shaped.

I've found some on Etsy and some on Ebay, but as the cardigan's going to be knitted in a cotton/viscose/silk blend, it would be nicer to have ceramic buttons than plastic ones.

Veronika Buttons are absolutely beautiful, but ever so slightly outside my budget. If I can't find any pretty cakes though, I might just have to stretch to these...

...but if anybody knows where I can buy cake-shaped buttons, I'd love to see them!

No comments: