Friday 22 February 2008

New patterns, and Kool Aid!

Hooray, my new patterns have arrived from America!

They're by Indygo Junction, and I'm really pleased with them.

Raglan jackets Long sleeved tunics
Wide-legged trousers Gored skirts


I've ordered a jacket, a tunic, trousers and skirts. Pretty soon I should have a whole new wardrobe!

The first thing I want to make is the jacket. I have ten metres of heavy black and white toile du juoy fabric that's been sitting around in the Shed for years, and I think it will make a really nice coat. I also have lots of pink pvc with white polka dots, which should lend itself to a really nice raincoat version. I might make a matching hat.

The other pattern which arrived recently from America was a discontinued Simplicity one. The seller included a free gift with the pattern - a little packet of Kool Aid! It is a really little packet - it's an individual serving of almost eight grams. I have absolutely no intention of drinking this stuff, but I am wondering just how much wool I could dye with it...

Knitty has instructions, as does a recent issue of Simply Knitting magazine, although the packets of Kool Aid in the photographs look at least twice the size of mine. I'm sure there's an old saucepan at the back of the cupboard that I can sacrifice as a dye bath, so I think I'll pick up a ball of wool and give it a go!

No comments: