Monday 11 February 2008

Updating the website...

The Design By Claire website has just undergone its umpteenth fiddling-with!

This has been done partly in response to some of your comments about how you've found the experience of using it. You may also notice that the colour scheme has now completely changed over from red to green. (Subtle? Moi?)



The blog page is now embedded within the site itself. It needs a bit of work on the formatting of the feed, but the content's all there. You can still read it at Blogspot, where you can also see my tags and links to other blogs, should you so desire, and of course all of the content is also available on LiveJournal. If you use feed readers, you can subscribe to the feed too, if you so desire.

I've switched the gallery so that it's now just a single page which links out to my Flickr account. I've uploaded a hundred or so photographs from my archives, so my next mammoth task is to describe and tag them all. That should keep me quiet for a while...

I should now be more clear that the shop is actually a separate entity from the rest of the website. I've also tried to make a distinction between the items for sale in the shop and the items I have listed on Etsy. I've kept all of the clothing in the shop, including the organic t-shirts, and everything that I make to order. Etsy is more for odds-and-ends - things that I'm not going to make all year round, but just when the fancy takes me. This means that Etsy will mostly be for knitting and bagdes, I expect.

Hopefully the Design By Claire website is starting to reflect what I'm actually doing, right now, as opposed to something I think I ought to be doing, or something I'm working up to doing in six months' time.

I'm quite pleased with it, if I do say so myself.

As always, feedback is very much appreciated!

No comments: