Saturday 10 May 2008

More slippers, and an exhibition!

O'Retha, your slippers are finished! I hope you like them. :)

This pair were made to fit a drawing of O'Retha's feet, which she sent to me using the Power of the Internet. I now need to post them across the Atlantic, and hope that they fit when they get there!

Tiger slippers!


These are made in the same way as the monkey slippers. The uppers are made from plush tiger fabric lined with gold satin, and interfaced with a layer of batting for extra softness. The inner soles are made from gold satin and white cotton, with a layer of 1" foam and a piece of buckram sandwiched in between. The outer soles are felt, edged with blanket stitch in a strong buttonhole thread.

I learnt a few things while making this pair - namely when it's better to use a curved upholstery needle, and when a straight one is more effective.

Next up will be two little pairs for Daniel and Edward, my colleague's sons. They'll both be made of polar fleece, so they should be really squashy and cute!



Oh yes, the art exhibition!

I've received an email via Etsy, from a local ceramic artist. She's asked me whether I'd like to have some of my badges included in an exhibition that she's putting on in Henley in July.

I've mailed back to ask for more information, but this is the first time I've been invited to take part in anything like this, so I'm very excited about it!

No comments: