Tuesday 6 May 2008

Scalloped skirt - finished!

Remember the scalloped skirt that I started working on the other day?

I've just finished it, and I'm really pleased!

(Please excuse the gormless squinty face - that's the first time I've used the self-timer on the camera, and I couldn't tell when it had taken the picture!)

Scalloped skirt - pink Scalloped skirt - purple


Ta-daa! Two views of the same skirt. This is the first garment that I've made from the Bishopston fabrics, in Raspberry and Wine.

It's bagged out at the scalloped hem, so there are no seams at all on the outside. This makes it conveniently reversible, for two skirts in one! It also holds the two layers neatly together, so they can't slip about or ride up. As with all of my skirts, it's elasticated at the waist for comfort.

Now, if I can just work out how to put pockets in the side seams of a reversible skirt, I'll be very happy indeed.

As soon as I've asked Paul to take some photos of me looking slightly less confused, I'll be adding this one to the shop. (Not this one - this one's mine. But you'll be able to order one in your size, in any of the Bishopston colours.)

No comments: