Saturday 17 May 2008

Simply Knitting.

I miss knitting. I haven't done any for ages, because I've hurt my wrist. It's driving me mad - how are you supposed to watch films and TV, if you can't knit at the same time?

This month's Simply Knitting magazine has just plopped onto my doormat, and now I miss knitting more than ever! I didn't blog about Issue 41, because none of the patterns particularly grabbed me. (I was very excited about the shiny blue chunky cable needles though!) Issue 42 has a couple of patterns which appeal to me a great deal, and I am currently bemoaning the fact that I don't have any aran weight wool in my stash.

Okay, I lied. I do have some aran weight wool. It's Debbie Bliss Soho, which is multicoloured, and I think the twisted cables on the front of Kirstie McLeod's pretty cardigan pattern would disappear in such a loud yarn. I need something simple and plain, for this one. Simply Knitting are very naughty - the magazine includes a free pack of three lovely wooden buttons, which of course are perfect for this pattern! So, of course, I now need to go out and buy some wool.

I've just realised, in fact, that I've made it five months into 2008 without buying any wool at all! (Well, one lonely ball for the Kool Aid experiment, but that hardly counts.) I went on a shopping spree in the John Lewis sale at the end of last year, and bought a veritable mountain of wool that I haven't even touched yet. (Stupid wrist.) If you're a member of Ravelry, you can see what I'm hiding in my stash. I thought I had very specific plans for each of my stashed yarns, but of course I keep changing my mind. Oh, and I knitted a pair of socks from the Louisa Harding Kimono Angora, which I completely forgot to show you!

The other pattern that I really like from this issue of Simply Knitting is a child's jumper. It's taken from Bergere de France's Tricot Baby magazine 510, and it has a little viking on the front! Bless him! Not having any children to knit for, I wonder whether Paul would like a big jumper, with a little viking on the front...?

No comments: